I don’t have my calendar yet so thank-you to my lovely friend who sent me pics of Hika’s interview to use~😘
1. What’s your latest hobby? Video games. A new instalment in a series I like came out so I started playing them again for the first time in ages.
2. What are your Top 3 favourite foods? Number 1 is beef tongue, Number 2 is fried shiso rolls with miso, Number 3 is my mum’s miso soup. The beef tongue from Miyagi is thickly sliced so has a great texture, and it’s yummy. I like that the miso soup my mum makes has plenty of vegetables.
3. What are your Top 3 favourite animals? Number 1 is dogs, Number 2 is quokkas, Number 3 is pandas. It’s fun watching Shan-Shan grow up on the news.
4. Shower type? Bath type? I’m am absolutely the shower type.
5. What’s your source of energy? The morning sun. In the morning, when I do my light stretches, it feels like “The day has begun!”.
6. When do you get excited? When I’m a location shoot. Lately I’ve been getting excited when we go to film at the home centres. No matter how many times I go to a home centre it’s always fun.
7. When are you low energy? Never really.
8. What words make you happy when you hear them? “You’re funny”
9. What colour do you like? Yellow. Since it’s my member colour I have gradually come to like it.
10. The place you want to go? Cuba. They seem to have a lot of stylish American cars, I want to take a load of photos.
11. A dream you often have? The dream where I’m back at school. I see it when I have a day off the next day. I’ll still be half asleep like “What? When do I graduate again?” and “Oh, I’m already a working adult”.
12. The best time you’ve sleep? Around 6-8 hours.
13. Dog type? Cat type? Dog. I hate cats.
14. Do you believe in ghosts? I believe in them. My grandpa was a temple priest so I often stayed at the temple when I was little. Because I could see the graves that were there, I felt like “Ah~ there’s ghosts”. I wasn’t particularly scared. I haven’t seen any lately.
15. Do you believe in fortunes? I only believe in the good ones.
16. Do you think that aliens exist? Don’t they?
17. The part of your appearance that you like? Nothing really. People often tell me I have a “tall nose” but having a tall nose has never done me any favours. When I get sunburnt the place that gets burnt the worst is my nose.
18. The part of you on the inside that you like? I don’t get irritated. Even when I disagree with someone I don’t get that angry on the inside.
19. If you could change one part of your appearance? I’d make my shoe size one centimetre smaller. Because 28 centimetres is a huge there are shoes that I can’t wear.
20. The part of you on the inside that you’d like to fix? Falling asleep straight away. I really like sleeping.
21. If you had could choose a different job? Still an idol I guess.
22. The last thing you want to eat before you die? Anything made by my mum.
23. What you try to achieve at work? To keep my mind as open as possible
24. What do you think is something that gives fans the wrong idea? I think it’s how they think that we don’t really watch the shows that the other members appear in. I usually pretend that I don’t watch them. But, I actually watch them a lot.
25. The ideal person that you admire? Inaba-san from B’z. He’s stoic and cool.
26. The type of girl that you like? A person who is kind and can cook.
27. When you’re in love are you the type that wants to be spoilt? Or the type that wants to do the spoiling? I want to be spoilt. I’m the baby in my family.
28. Soba type? Udon type? Soba.
29. What’s your favourite drink? Coffee.
30. Have you ever fallen in love at first sight? I think I have. I guess I fell in love at first sight when I was in kindergarten. I feel like it was because I liked her smile.
31. What part of your home interior is your favourite? My huge beanbag.
32. What environment can you relax in? Going to sleep after the concert has finished. I keep using up energy and using up energy and then the sleep afterwards has a transcendent power!
33. Which Johnny’s do you get on well with apart from the members?Kanjani 8’s Maruyama-kun, KAT-TUN’s Nakamaru-kun, NEWS’s Massu. KissMai, A.B.C-Z, Snow Man, SixTONES. I feel like there’s a lot of casual friendships (lol).
34. What’s your dream of the group’s future? I want to become a group that “Can’t be copied”.
35. What’s your personal dream of the future? I want to become a funny old man.
36. What’s your favourite saying? It’s a difficult expression but, the thinking that “You are the main character in your story. You can rewrite anything.”.
37. What’s your schedule for your days off? I go to the hairdresser and then the day is over. Because I always change my hair colour and style, just getting it cut can take 6 hours. I want to give it that “It’s changed!” feeling.
38. When you’re low energy what do you do to encourage yourself? I stretch.
39. Which member would you go to an amusement park with? Yabu. It seems fun. We’re always going to be young boys forever.
40. Which member would you go to a public bath with? Yabu. He’s knows a lot about saunas.
41. Which member would you go to karaoke with? Yabu. Because he’s a good singer. His voice suits the artists I like, like B’z and L’Arc-en-Ciel.
42. Which member would you go cherry blossom viewing with? I don’t really want to go. Coz I have hay fever.
43. Which member would you go to the pool with? If I’m going to the gym then I’ll go on my own. I don’t want to go somewhere with a pool.
44. Which member would you spend Halloween with? I don’t want to celebrate actual Halloween. I’m not interested in dressing up, and I hate crowds.
45. Which member would you eat hotpot with? All the members. Because if all the members are there it will be really fun.
46. If there a place that makes you feel relaxed? Miyagi. I think I’m glad that I was born in such a nice place. It’s got the right amount of green spaces, the sea is only a short drive away, there’s mountains too, the food is great, and the people are kind. And, the dialect calms me down.
47. What’s something you do for your health and body? Every day I take around five different kinds of supplements.
48. Are you the type that lines up the notes inside their wallet? Or the type that doesn’t? I line them up so much! They all face downwards. So it takes me a long time to pay for things.
49. What’s the best trip you’ve had in your life? When I went to Shizuoka and saw Mt Fuji. I went with my friend because we wanted to eat Gyoza, and we just happened to see Mt Fuji. There was this circular cloud above Mt Fuji that looked like a UFO but, from what the locals said, it was a good thing. When they told us “This is rare!” it made me really happy.
50. What are your Top 3 favourite movies? Number 1 is “Spirited Away”, Number 2 is Kiki’s Delivery Service” and Number 3 is “Pom Poko”. Because I was raised on Ghibi.
51. Do you have a favourite book? Ototsuichi’s works.
52. What is the taste of your mother’s cooking? Shisho rolls with miso. I think that when I eat them it takes me back to Miyagi.
53. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Make my bed.
54. What do you do before you go to sleep at night? Because I end up eating more snacks after I’ve used my mouth wash and brushed my teeth, I rinse my mouth.
55. What do you wear when you’re asleep? Usually pyjamas. Because the season is changing at the moment on the bottom I have long pants made of a comfy fabric, and on the top is a three-quarter sleeve top made of a different material. When it gets cold then it’s a full set of the comfy fabric. It feels great against my skin.
56. What’s your treasure? The members.
57. How do you relieve your stress? I can’t stand stress.
58. What’s your favourite scent? Lavender. I’ve liked it ever since I was little, it grew in our garden so I used to smell it a lot.
59. What thing do you want the most? Toe socks. I have a lot already but, they always end up getting holes in them straight away when I’m dancing.
60. What’s something that you will always have in your bag? Tea.
61. If you could only eat one thing for an entire month what would it be?Sendai’s home-style ramen.
62. What’s your favourite number? 8, because it’s in Yaotome (t/n: 八= ya)
63. What’s your favourite kind of meat? Beef. Beef tongue!
64. What’s the special privilege of having you as a lover? I don’t think there’s anything in particular.
65. If you could only take one thing to a deserted island, what would you take? A survival knife. But I don’t think I would cope on a deserted island at all.
66. Please tell us a secret! I can’t sleep without my body pillow.
67. What age would you like to be when you die? I don’t want to die.
68. What would you call your life if you had to give it a title? I want it have「Happiness」in it.
69. If you had one day to use one million dollars what would you do? I’d buy a one million dollar lottery ticket.
70. Say something to yourself when your 100 years old! “You’d better have travelled the World!”.
71. If you had three days before the World ended what would you do? I’d do a concert.
72. What little thing are you worrying about at the moment? Hay fever. In Spring, and in Autumn too.
73. What would you do if you could use magic? I’d make it so I can use magic forever.
74. Rate yourself out of 100! 40. Because I still want to have room to grow.
75. What are you obsessed with? Games.
76. What do you collect? Nothing.
77. What would you like to come true in 2019? To make a custom bass. To save money.
78. What kind of person do you want to be in 10 years’ time? I think I still want to be a part of Hey! Say! JUMP.
79. What is the current Hey! Say! JUMP not good enough at? Being stoic.
80. What’s your specialty at karaoke? 「Mifaiyu」by BEGIN.
81. What’s a memory you have of going to karaoke with the members? I’ve been to karaoke with the members before but I don’t have any memories in particular. I always listen to everyone sing.
82. What is your role in the group? The fool.
83. What advice would you give to yourself at the time of your debut? “You’re fine just the way you are!”
84. What’s your strongest memory of the Heisei Era? JUMP’s debut.
85. When do you feel like you’ve really grown up? When I’m eating Japanese food. I like mushrooms much more now.
86. Tell us Yamada’s weakness! He’s allergic to crab.
87. Tell us Chinen’s weakness! He hates prickly sweaters.
88. Tell us Nakajima’s weakness! He hates it when you touch his butt.
89. Tell us Arioka’s weakness! He has a delicate belly button.
90. Tell us Takaki’s weakess! Tickle tickle. He hates being tickled.
91. Tell us Inoo’s weakness! He runs out of energy when he’s hungry.
92. Tell us Yabu’s weakness! He hates long, spindly insects.
93. Tell us Yamada’s charm! He’s a good cook.
94. Tell us Chinen’s charm! He’s skilled.
95. Tell us Nakajima’s charm! He’s great at dramas.
96. Tell us Arioka’s charm! He’s full of energy.
97. Tell us Takaki’s charm! He has a lot of hobbies.
98. Tell us Inoo’s charm! He’s funny.
99. Tell us Yabu’s charm! He’s a great singer.
100. Send a message to Keito! What’s New York like now? What Japanese food do you want to eat at the moment?