There are all kinds of different places that you can go shopping for JE goods scattered across Japan. Some of them can be hard to find, some of them have peculiar buying systems, some of them have special unspoken rules… it can be very confronting trying to shop in these places for the first time, especially if your Japanese skills aren’t strong. I’ve made a bunch of tutorials with directions, tips and explanations to help anyone planning a JE centred shopping trip!
- Buying photos from the official Johnny’s Shop
- Buying not so official paparazzi photos in Harajuku
- Where to buy second hand JE goods
- My favourite places for uchiwa craft, storage and fan letter supplies (I’ll add this one day)
- Or check out my sales post for some preloved idol goods that I want to send on to a new home
I previously lived in Japan and have personally been to almost everywhere I talk about, but this is all just my personal experience. If you feel like I’ve made any mistakes or have missed a great shopping spot please let me know!